Beaulieu’s floorings are solid and durable but, like all floor coverings, they still need proper cleaning and maintenance to stay beautiful. To maintain the shine and sparkling new feel of your floor as long as possible, follow the guidelines below:
Vinyl Floor Maintenance
Produits avec endos sec :
- Ensure to set room temperature and allow proper drying time according to the adhesive manufacturer's instructions before walking or placing furniture and appliances on your new floor.
- Ventilate the area for 48 to 72 hours.
- Be careful when placing furniture and appliances over your new floor. For heavy items, it is recommended to use furniture sliders.
- Check the condition of all the casters or rollers on your furniture before setting them on your floor. Replace any worn ones.
- Protect your vinyl floor by covering furniture legs with felt protectors.
- Regularly sweep your floor with a soft bristle broom to remove dirt and grit in order to prevent scratches.
- Mop the floor with a microfiber mop, or equivalent, using a mild neutral detergent (or ammonia and clean warm water) to remove dirt and grime.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Wipe up spills with a clean white cloth dampened with warm water.
- Never use abrasive or acid based cleaners, soaps, paste waxes, solvents or “mop and shine” products, as they can leave a film that will discolour the floor or make it appear dull.
- When vacuuming, do not use a vacuum with a rotary beater bar as it may damage the surface of the material.
- Do not use wax or polish. Do not buff.
- Beaulieu Canada floors, like other type of smooth floors, can become slippery when wet. Allow time for the floor to dry after washing, wipe up any wet areas from spills of foreign substances and wet feet.
If the damaged flooring is along the perimeter of the room, it is best to disconnect the flooring until the damaged item is removed. Replace the flooring and reassemble.
SIf the damage is located where it is impractical to disconnect and reassemble the flooring, then the following technique should be used :
- Using a straight edge and a sharp utility knife, cut out and remove the center of the damaged item, leaving approximately a 1" (25 mm) strip attached to the surrounding items on all sides.
- Carefully cut back from the corners of the plank or tile to the inside edge.
- Remove the edges by wiggling the cut piece out from the tongue and groove of the surrounding pieces.
- Prepare the replacement flooring by placing it face down then folding back and removing the groove strip on both the long and end profile. Using the decorative surface of the tongue end as a guide, cut away this overhanging profile using a sharp utility knife.
- Position the replacement flooring by engaging the tongue of the long side into the groove of the adjoining piece."Hinge" the prepared replacement into position.
- Use a hand roller to assist in aligning the edges into position.
- Apply a thin application of RO650 seam sealer into all four seams of the replacement. Allow the sealer to penetrate and then wipe any excess from the surface.
- Weigh down the replaced flooring for at least 15 minutes until the sealer secures the flooring.